
Every pregnant woman has the same goal -- to carry a healthy baby to term. Today, I've reached that milestone, so I'm really happy and relieved. (Now my goal is to get this healthy baby out of me, but not until she's completely ready.) Apparently, the last part of her development over these past couple of weeks has been her lungs growing, so it's nice to know that she's had enough time for that. I'm sure she'd have been likely to thrive outside the womb these last couple of weeks, but it's still satisfying to know that we made it to the the big 37-week marker.
I don't know how much longer I'll say it, but I really am going to miss being pregnant. I know that having her in my arms will be a completely different -- and even more wonderful -- experience, but pregnancy is a pretty awesome experience of its own. Yeah, there were some rough days and some aspects of pregnancy I could definitely do without. But on the other hand, she has the hiccups again right now, like she does at some point every morning. And she'll have them again some time today. And at some point she'll stretch her little feet up into my ribcage, or she'll stick her little bottom out to the left, or she'll do whatever she does with her little arms. And I'm gonna miss all of it.
Yay!! 37 weeks!!! Anytime is great now! Kate, you are too funny - The watermelon picture. I love reading your blogs!
ReplyDeleteYes, I know exactly how you feel- there is no other feeling like it.
ReplyDeleteMom