Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Can I blame it on the fondue?


I know, I know. I’ve been a terrible blogger lately. Even so, I stand by my statement that it isn’t that hard, and it does only take a few minutes.

So, for my big 3-0 celebration Dad, Khan, and I went for three-hour fondue dinner at the Melting Pot. It was a total splurge with a cheese fondue, a main course fondue, and a white chocolate amaretto dessert fondue. The problem is that I guess I’ve had too many indulgences this last month. Got on the scale for my 24-week check-up (that’s six months, guys), and I’ve gained another 9 pounds in one month. And no, it’s not OK because I’m pregnant, it’s not normal, and it’s not healthy. I cried. I really did. But there’s nothing I can do right now to lose the weight; all I can do is keep it under control with no more indulgences. The reality is that I don’t have the willpower to have “occasional” good stuff because it quickly turns into every single day.

Anyway, all is well with us. Our friend Dan Kelly came over on Saturday and helped Khan put the new faucet in the bathroom sink. It was, as Dad predicted, not an easy task. They ended up having to take the whole sink off the wall to get it done, but it’s done now and my new faucet is so pretty.

Everything is fine with baby girl. She’s getting more and more active, and her patterns are more predictable. I can always feel her moving around at night when I lay down to go to bed. Apparently, that’s party time for her. It doesn’t bother me at all, though; I love it. It really is one of the coolest feelings I’ve ever had in my life. And I’d take feeling her move around over seeing her on an ultrasound any day. Ultrasounds are cool and everything, but I think I just like to imagine what she’s doing in there.

Oh, and in case you’re having a hard time keeping up with our constant name-changing, our new favorite name is Lily. Khan loved it first and then it started to grow on me. I love how simple, pretty, and feminine it is. Now watch her turn out to be a tomboy named Lily.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your greatest gift will arrive in a few months! Lily is a very beautiful name!!! I love it! It'll go with her well! Pearl could have been Belle or Bella...but now I love her name and we call her Pearl-Pearl. If and that's IF we have another one, it will definitley be Bella. Lily is really pretty. It rolls off my tongue so naturally now!! Can't wait to meet/hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Mi Kate! Don't be so hard on yourself...you are being a great pregnant mommy and your baby is being a great growing girl. My OBGYN is also a friend so we decided to make a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy regarding the weight gain;) In the end it's true 'nine months up, nine months down' All's good. LILY is a perfect sweet and feminine name. Keep enjoying. Hi to Papa Khan.

    ReplyDelete