Thanks, Nicole!
Nicole recently chose me and my little blog to win the "Liebster Award." Pretty cool, huh?
Nicole is one of my paper-crafting friends (and beyond). She is one of the most talented people I've ever met. Seriously. Check out her stuff on her blog. It's amazing -- and she makes it. By hand. I've told her she needs to start submitting her work for publication because it's better than anything I've seen in magazines. Besides her artistic talent, she's a really great listener and friend, and I'm happy that scrapbooking brought her into my life.
ABOUT THE AWARD
Liebster is a German word meaning "Beloved," "Favorite," or "Dearest." This award is a peer to peer award in which fellow bloggers present the award to their favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award is unclear, but is believed to have originated by a German blogger. This award was designed to be a blog award in the pay it forward fashion to share your dearest and most beloved blogs that have less than 200 followers.
RULES FOR ACCEPTANCE
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Post the award onto your blog. Give the award to five bloggers who you appreciate that have less than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this awesome award!
PAY IT FORWARD
Now comes the hard part… choosing 5 bloggers to share this award with! Wow not an easy task. I follow many great blogs and it was hard to choose just five.
Life’s Crazy Pace – This is where Kendra blogs about her family’s life working for the Department of State. She started her blog when they moved the whole family to Riyadh, and we got to see what regular life is like over there, including following their family vacations to all kinds of amazing locations like Egypt, Budapest, and Orlando. (Yes, they even come home again.) Her road eventually brought her back to Washington D.C. while her family finishes out her husband’s stay in Riyadh. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for her to be separated from her family, and as hard as I think it would be on the marriage, after reading this post, I’m pretty sure they’re going to make it just fine.
My Life as a Cradle Rocker – Kim’s blog is a little bit of everything I love to read about – make-up, books, Disney, and life with a 4-year-old, among other topics on her mind. It’s fair to say we have a lot in common, so her blog is always interesting to me.
Life After 11 Thoreau Court – Heather is a somewhat newbie to Florida. She moved a couple of years ago and is now settling into a neighborhood really close to mine. She is expecting her first baby – a boy! – about three weeks after my baby boy is due. (I see play dates in our future…) Heather blogs about her life here, including a lot about the progress of their new house. I’m hoping that she posts some pictures of the nursery when it’s ready because it sounds beautiful.
My Life as a Lawyer’s Wife – This is a really fun blog to follow. Meghan writes about her life in NYC and now she writes a lot about her baby girl. Whatever the topic, it’s entertaining because she is a fabulous storyteller. Her “Things to Do in NYC” and “Celebrity Sightings” are especially fun to read.
Connor and Pearl-Jolie – This is my sister-in-law’s blog about Lily’s cousins, Connor and Pearl. Even though we see them fairly often, it’s still fun to read about some of the stuff that happens between our visits. Joy’s been keeping a better pace at blogging lately – so here’s to more of that. (And maybe I should try the same.)
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment