Thursday, April 5, 2012

Taking a break from the princesses.

Surely every man has a limit to how much time he can play with princess dolls. Lily helped her daddy find his a few weeks back. (And even though the pictures suck, I can't help but share this story.)

Of the 750,000 toys my child owns, her favorites by far are her princess dolls. She'd rather play with them than her legos, stuffed kitties, and crayons. She's always liked them to come in pairs -- Prince Eric with Ariel, John Smith with Pocahontas, Flynn Rider with Rapunzel, and so on. So we have as many Prince dolls as we do Princesses. Even with the male representation, one Sunday afternoon, Khan decided he just couldn't play with dolls anymore.

So he made up a new game with the dolls. Bowling. With the furniture shoved against the walls for my scrapbooking group, the living room really did resemble bowling lanes, and all he needed was a ball and some pins. Or something that could substitute as pins, like Prince dolls.
The game would've been more fun with more pins, but the princesses make terrible bowling pins. Apparently, men walk normally and women stand on their tippy toes. (So prince dolls can stand all on their own , but princess dolls are weak and just fall over.) Yes, I know it's so that the heels fit. But really, Cindy and her glass slippers aside, most princess dolls don't really require fancy heels.
 
 


I digress. 

Pins in place, Khan set out to teach her how to "bowl." 
Maybe it would've gone better if the ball were not a soccer ball.
So they moved a little closer.
It worked.
Don't worry. Flynn Rider and John Smith are going down, too.

1 comment:

  1. Khan does seem to have the patience of a saint most times (way more patiencee than I've ever had, and I'm much more patient than I used to be!). But bowling with Princes? GREAT game! Looks like Lily loves it too! (No video games necessary; just a little imagination -- and she knows how to use hers, as she told us frequently the last time I saw her. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete