Tuesday, March 27, 2012

She's a crazy cat lady.

Or at least, she's on that path.

I didn't see the warning signs: How she prefers to play with stuffed animals over baby dolls. She's always wanting Kitty to sleep on a special kitty pillow. Her obssession with Hello Kitty. But when I saw her with an armload full of fuzzy kitties, I knew it: this is how Crazy Cat Lady gets her start. Ok, fine, then. Perhaps she's just a three-year-old who loves her little stuffed animals.

(But last Thursday when I told her to grab a few toys to take outside to play hopscotch, and she returned with multiple cats, I worried just a smidge.)

So we took the kitties outside and set up a hopscotch game.
But not before being sure every kitty and bunny had a seat. 
Lily made me start. It was the end of a long day, and I was pretty much over crawling around the floor, so I just kinda tossed the kitties randomly onto the boxes. Then I declared it her turn, and I sat down to take a few pictures. 

See that outfit she's wearing? Notice what's different about it than her usual frock? Yup, it is neither pink nor a dress. Nana bought it for her, and I tried many times to get her to wear it, but she refuses pants. This time, I guilt-tripped her into it with the added pressure that "it probably doesn't fit her anymore anyway so Nana will never see how cute she is in this outfit." (Perhaps the mind games I play with my three-year-old are pretty messed up.)
Mind games and mismatched shoes aside, she tossed the kitties and made her own little game of it.
I got bored with the game of no rules and wanted to take more pictures. I wanted to take some of Lily, but she refused. (Enter the mind games.) I told her that's cool; I'll take some pics of the kitties instead. So first, she photobombed my bluff.
And then she posed with them.
The she found her fairy wings and made herself a new game, which included getting mad at me. Honestly, I don't remember why.
Fortunately, it didn't last long and my crazy cat lady with her fairy wings was happy with me again.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to guess she will avoid the crazy cat lady fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...that's too funny! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's darling, tossing kitties aside. Love her fairy wings! But I'm with Ben; unless she starts bringing home stray cats and kittens, you're probably OK!

    ReplyDelete