Monday, March 12, 2012

"We're not smart," Part 2.

I'm not even going to lie: the rest of our family vacation, much like the first half, is really a pretty boring story to tell. In the land of preschoolers, though, that makes for a really happy time.

Day two started with Hollywood Studios. Another shot for the Disney Photogs.

Not a lot on my "to do" list for HS. Wanted to take Lily to a couple shows, and that was pretty much it. First was Ariel's show, which I expected her to flip out for, and then was the Cliff Note's version of Broadway's Beauty and the Beast. Wasn't sure what she would think. 

Turned out Ariel's show was "meh," and she flipped for the live stage version of Beauty and the Beast. She was captivated.  I've seen the full version of this show three times, but this short version was the best, by a long shot. Turning to see your preschooler with her jaw dropped beats even the Mexico City version.
Beyond the shows, there wasn't much for us. We found this spot for a lemonade, and, to me, I saw potential for a great photo. Lily, however, wanted to just drink her lemonade and wanted Mamarazzi to go away. Dam.
So not much later, we called it a day for the parks and went back to the hotel. To go swimming. In February. If you don't live in Florida, and the four of you don't, you probably think we can swim year-round here. That's not really the case. February tends to be warm at best, cool more often, and sometimes downright cold. 

Not this year. This year it's been above average since September. Even so, the idea of swimming in an outdoor pool is so strange to me.
Even more strange was the afternoon rainstorm that sent us out of the pool and back to our hotel room. If I didn't know better, I would've thought it was June.
I took the chance to be in a few photos, much as I hate to do it. Lily and I were being cuddly at first.
Which quickly turned to being silly -- and that was just fine for me.
All dried and changed, we went back to Epcot for no reason at all. And dinner. (LOVE BOARDWALK! So convenient to Epcot.) On the way home, we grabbed some desserts from the bakery and went back to the room. I wish I could say we just got the Mickey cake for Lils as a treat for her, but honestly, I just didn't want to share my margarita pie.
 The last day for the parks we went back to the Magic Kingdom. Ironically, I had been saving this day for the Animal Kingdom. Originally, it was the only guaranteed perfect day the forecasters gave us. By that morning, though, they were promising lots and lots of rain. So we changed our plans. And it didn't rain. Liars. 

Turned out OK, though. We had a good time back at the Magic Kingdom. We caught the best of one of the many parades. Oh, Lumiere. You are the smoothest candlestick ever.
We made our way around the castle and back to Fantasyland. Lily waited so patiently to meet Alice. If only she could allow me the same courtesy. Seriously, Alice isn't even a princess.
We went for a spin on the teacups. (HA HA HA!)
After the teacups, we hit a few more rides. Small World. Carousel. Speaking of, Carousel is fun when I get a horse.
Not so fun when I don't. 
Not much later, it was time to make our way to the gate and head back west. But not without a quick stop to visit Pluto. 
Stopping for one last family picture. Because I was there, too.  And I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love that photo of you and Lils where you are laughing! I need a photo like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, what a gorgeous picture!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete