Well, we're not going to argue with that, and we wanted to go to Disney World. But then there was the forecast. Rain. No rain. Little rain. Lots of rain. No rain. Rain all the time every day forever.
They couldn't decide and neither could we. Eventully, we decided that a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at work, so off we went. For the first time, we stayed at The Boardwalk, and it just might be my new favorite.

I really wanted to get a room with a balcony. In my head, Khan and I would be able to sit on our balcony after Lily falls asleep early after a busy day at the parks. HA! Well that didn't happen according to plan, but we did enjoy the balcony, especially Lily.
Our first room had a pool view. While I get why some people like the pool rooms, I am not among them. We got a quieter room, along the water. We could see the tippy top of the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios and the giant swan atop the appropriately named Swan Resort.
| |
So rooms settled, we did what most tourists do when they arrive; we went to the Magic Kingdom.
This time, I wanted to have some pictures of all of us. Just to prove that I was there, too. So if that means using Disney's Photo Pass just to get some of all of us together, then so be it. Bring on your D90, Disney Photographers. (Ugh, what IS that stupid look on my face.)
| |
A few other fascinations for this trip: autograph book, stickers, and maps. According to my pillows, dining room chairs, and Lily's dresser, her new favorite thing is writing her name. (Sigh. I got it out of the table, the chairs, but not the pillows. We've dealt with the problem, I think.) So I figured she'd like to collect a few autographs to match my autograph collection. I was right; she loved her autograph book.
The stickers are similar. At the parks, evidently they are a tool to distract kids waiting in lines, or to drive parents bonkers. Both, probably. Lily wanted us to share the joy, and if we turned her down, we'd later notice a Mickey sticker stuck to a sleeve or a pant leg. We got sticker-bombed, ninja-style. Nice.
Autographs, stickers, and don't forget the map. Lily was so enthralled in plotting our trail that she almost missed the show in front of Cinderella's Castle.
| |
First up were Aladdin and Jasmine.
Lily looks so enthused to meet them, doesn't she? What is she looking at? Same with Eric and Ariel.
While it was nice to see a prince make an appearance, can I just say that I would really like to meet Prince Phillip? Come on, Disney. Do it for the mamas.
| |
Rosetta greeted Lily with her southern drawl and complimented her on her sparkly shoes. But Tinkerbell must have snorted a few lines of pixie dust because girlfriend was crazy. She grabbed Lily's hand, sat her down, signed her book and didn't stop talking at her the whole time.
| |
| |
Back to the Boardwalk Inn we went, and we decided to peruse the Boardwalk itself, where we decided to ride this bike thing around the "lake."
We paused our 4-wheeled adventure to stop at the roase garden at The Yacht and Beach Club. Lily quickly declared the place hers, took us through her "maze" and into her "castle."
| |
| |

And we got back just before the rain started.









Looks like an AWESOME trip!! And the autograph books was a darn brilliant idea,
ReplyDeleteI seriously love your little girl.
ReplyDeleteYou are so hilarious! The snorting pixie dust line made me LOL and I needed that sooo badly today! Your photos just get better all the time! You are leaving me in the dust...I need to pull out my camera!
ReplyDelete