Ever cut your own hair when you were a kid? Steal yourself away into a bathroom with a scissors and just a few seconds?
Yeah, me too. I was with my little BFF, and she chopped off my hair, and just as I was trying to chop off her thick, beautiful hair, her mom busted us. Boy, was her mom mad. Mine too.
Fast forward 30 years and a similar scene plays out in my house. I make a random comment about taking Lily in to get a haircut sometime. She runs off to go play. Khan and I wonder what she's up to. He checks on her and reports she's hiding in our closet. She runs out to proudly display her new look with her dull, crappy safety scissors that can barely cut paper still in her hand. Turns out those scissors have no problem with hair.
The next few minutes aren't pretty, so let's skip them.
Eventually, I realize that someday I will laugh. Someday she'll share her version of the "I-cut-my-hair-myself" story. Someday it will grow back. (Why did it have to be the bangs, Lily? Why couldn't you chop somewhere else? I'd rather have to potty train her all over again than grow her bangs out again. Seriously.)
So I did what I had to do. I grabbed my camera.

And she is still beautiful... it is harder on you than her. And as much as growing her bangs out again will totally suck; trust me, a big chunk out of the back is way worse-
ReplyDeleteNancy's right -- and hair does grow. And this is rather embarrassing, but my bangs, cut by my stylist and PAID for, look a heckuva lot worse than Lily's! Maybe I'll have her do my hair next time I see her! You will laugh some day, and so will she when you tell her about it! Lily is darling, even with choppy bangs.
ReplyDeleteAwe, she has those totally trendy, side swoopy bangs! It's not so bad. At least your kid can grow hair. Poor Chloe doesn't have any hair to cut yet.
ReplyDelete