But it was a nice day for a picnic.
Windy, though.
We had planned on the downtown St. Pete waterfront area, but the Grand Prix was in town so we moved our picnic further to the north along the Bay. Nice area, but there was no playground, and I actually thought Lily would be bored so I brought bubbles for fun. Rookie!
The bubbles were fun and all, but what I forget from my own childhood is that children need nothing but imagination to make a game and have a blast.She and Khan ran around -- chasing each other, hiding from each other, and occasionally sitting down next to each other on the park bench. For at least 14 seconds.
And sneaking up on someone....or something? I don't know, but Lily had the whole picture in her mind.

And we took some pictures, of course.
After the first Sunday picnic, we tried again the next weekend. This time we stayed on our side of the bay and went to Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa.
It was nice....but Lily had her sights set. On this.
She didn't care that the water was cold. She was in.
And about 12 seconds later, so was her father.


She played happily for a long time in the water.
Not a bad afternoon in the park. Not bad at all.
That shot of her mad, made me LOL. Love your perspective on that one. The water shots are great too! Makes me want to take my kids to the fountain soon.
ReplyDeleteCarol already said what I was going to say -- I love that picture of her sitting there, arms crossed, in a baby snit! LOL! (kind of reminds me of someone older -- and I don't mean you!). Doesn't watching Lily see the world give you a whole new view? That's part of the wonder of children. Things we take for granted, like, oh, what a pretty fountain, as we walk past, suddenly become a playground. And a tree is the perfect thing to hide behind. And there are always things to sneak up on, even if adults don't see them. Love the photo of you and Lily lying on the grass, too. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete