Anyway...although my day was made better by birthday greetings, it was still a sucktastic day at work. Yes, happy work birthday. I even had to work late, and that didn't contribute to birthday joy at all.
But when I got home there were streamers hung with care and Lily jumping up and down, so excited I was there. (Forgive it?)
Khan had taken off half the day from work to clean the house to the best of his ability, decorate, get a cake, and pick up Lily to finish off the last birthday party details.
Do you know what she's doing here? She's staring at the cake. More specifically, the frosting flowers on top of the cake.
Khan announced cake was up first. While I'm never one to argue with that kind of common-sense approach, I'm pretty sure he was done trying to keep little fingers off the cake.
Because that battle was being lost anyway.
A happy birthday surprise, indeed.
To continue the birthday weekend. (That's right, weekend.) We decided to get out of town for the day and went to sunny Sarasota. We had lunch at the circle and then went to Turtle Beach.
I'm starting to realize that all of my beach pictures look the same. And as this is just the start of beach season, I have a feeling we're all going to be very sick of "Lily at the beach" pictures.
But I've never been one to show any restraint, so here's some pictures of Lily at the beach!
The waves are much bigger at Turtle Beach than at Fort Desoto. Lily was a little bit scared of them and a little bit excited by them. She giggle-screamed as she chased them in and out, but she never wanted to get all the way in the water here.
But she's perfectly happy to play in the sand
Even she's sick of pictures of Lily at the beach.
Sunday we went to BARF. (Bay Area Renaissance Festival) Marina is a wench at the Pyrate's Pub, so we usually try to go and visit her. But this year, she was super busy.
So we wandered like peasants for a bit, saw some animals, eccentric characters, and random shows.
Did I mention that it was insanely hot? Like record-type, grumpiness-inducing highs?
So we turned that frown upside down. (You can forgive that one, too, right?)
We tried again to see Marina, but her line was never-ending. So we gave the face painter a try.
And then we went to the bar to show Marina. But she was still busy.
And with that, we left BARF and went home where we all napped the rest of the afternoon away. And that is the best way I can think of to end a birthday weekend.




















BARF? ROTFL. I'm a lil ticked you came down here and didn't call me. I woulda been 10 kinds of excited about celebrating your birfday and I coulda added two more kids to your beach photos to spice them up a bit. Kidding, but not really ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the 3 picture series of your turing Lily's frown upside down :) Beautiful.
ReplyDelete¡felicidades de nuevo!
Happy Birthday Again! I'm with Krissa -- those three pictures were darling! And frankly, there's no such thing as too many pics of Lily at the Beach! I'm glad you have such a wonderful sweet husband -- what a wonderful thing to come home too! (And hooray to him for keeping little fingers out of frosting for as long as he did!) And you'll never look a day over 29!
ReplyDelete