Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My top 20 and 10 of 2010.

Me: I’m doing a top 20 and 10 of 2010.

Husband: A what? What does that even mean?

Me: A top 20 and a top 10.

Husband: Aren’t the top 10 part of the top 20?

Me: No. They’re separate.

Husband: So aren’t the two lists of top 10s tied?

Me: No. (with emphasis) It’s a top 20 and a top 10.

Husband: Isn’t that a top 30?

Me: (annoyed). No.

Husband: So you’re just making up your own rules?

Me: Yes.

So here it is. The top 20 of my top 20 and 10 of the photos you probably haven’t seen. The ranking is relatively arbitrary; these are simply photos from this year that I haven’t blogged but I loved them and wanted to find a way to put them out there.

Number 20. Pearl's birthday party. Kids will be kids.
Number 19. I scolded Khan for taking pictures of me because I don't like them. He said, "you'll like this one." He was right.
Number 18. And so I returned the favor.
Number 17. Bubba love.
Number 16, in four photos. (There are several series within my top 20 and 10. Go with it.) This was just a lovely afternoon in July at my mom's house. It's extremely rare that we're all together, and even more rare when it happens on a pleasant summer afternoon with gorgeous light. Here's my handsome little brother.
And here's Ben, semi willing to look at the camera.
And Erik, not even semi willing.
And even my beautiful mama, with her eyes open in a photo, which is perhaps more rare than a family gathering in the summer.
Number 15. Just a quiet moment in a hectic season.
Number 14. Another rare event - my dad and Louise take just a little time away from their to-do lists to enjoy some time at the park.
Number 13. Lily and Marina's niece became fast friends and watched Lilo and Stitch together. Lily doesn't often share her blanket.
Number 12. Engineers carving pumpkins.
Number 11. Lily is on a train, and she's doing the "choo choo" thing with her hand.
Number 10. Lily said "I so happy I painting, Mommy."
Number 9. Just another summer afternoon at the pool. Lily loves that slide.
Number 8. Lily's helping her grandpa pick numbers for the lotto. Seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen, sans Khan's stupid foot in the way.
Number 7. This is also a series, and I love it for two reasons. First, it's a really fun action sequence with the continuous shoot release mode. I use that a lot just trying to get one good picture, so it was cool to get the whole action sequence. Second, this is Bellingham's most adorable couple, aka my brother and his girlfriend, Jen.

So here they are, playing in the tunnel they built in the snow.


Number 6. Khan jumped into the cousin lineup. So much I love about this picture -- Lily's little hug, the smiles on Connor and Tirin, and Lia the photostar is the only one actually looking my way.
Number 5. Snapped this one in a lucky moment of cooperation (okay, fine, there was some Pez bribery going on.)
Number 4. Tirin loves books. Like LOVES books. I've never seen a kid love books as much as he does. Here's his mama reading to him.
Number 3. What's not to love about this one?
Number 2. Ben being silly.
Number 1. I know that technically speaking, there's nothing great about this one. There's tons of mess and clutter in the background and it's very distracting. But I love that look on Lily's face and I can see how much she adores Tere. And I know the feeling is mutual, even if you can't see Tere's face in this picture.
Top 10 of the Top 20 and 10 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment