She looooves to go for walks now, so we go for a walk before or after dinner almost every night. Usually we stick around home, but occasionally we try to find a more interesting place.
This last weekend, it got miserably hot again outside, and so we went to the play area at the mall. For the longest time, she just stood there watching the other kids and taking in all the stuff to see.
Then she started to get a little more hands-on. Her favorite thing was this little tunnel to climb under. Actually, I think it's a giant baseball glove. Anyway, I swear I tried to give her some distance and let her do her thing.
But the older kids are crazy. Yes, I know that's my future, but for now, they're crazy, reckless kids whose parents are clearly negligent. (And no, I won't be so negligent because I will be the perfect parent of an older child. I can make that claim so easily right now, and I'm stickin' to it.) But seriously, the older kids were jumping off the top of the glove, and I don't expect them not to, but I also don't expect them to watch for babies crawling out below, either.
So I hovered and we found something else to play on. Yes, I'm a helicopter.
I totally agree!! These older kids are crazy!! It's total paranoia for me too when the kids are at the playground with other kids. These other kids seem so rough! Like with Lily, I can't just let Connor or Pearl go off to play on their own! No way!! Not yet, at least.
ReplyDelete