Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Baby baby baby"

Lily's been chattin' up a storm lately! Most of the time I don't know what the heck she's saying, but she just keeps on babbling away. Yesterday I don't think she stopped talking from waking up until naptime. Her two new favorite words are "baby" and "nose." (/no/)

We started to hear "baby" after she got a new baby doll. We went to Target Saturday, and we stopped in the toys section. I picked up a cheap little baby doll to see what she thought of it. Well, she loved it. She carried it all through the store. Yesterday, she started carrying it around the house with a little blanket saying "baby baby baby baby." Once she laid it on her music table and said "nigh nigh." Cute!

Her other new favorite word is "no" for "nose." Ask her "where is Mama's nose," and she'll point to Mama's nose and say "no." Ask her "where is Lily's nose," and she'll point to her own nose and giggle. Also cute!

Oh! That reminds me. She almost never says "mama." She says "Dada dada dada" all.the.time, but never ever "mama." I say, "mama mama mama." She looks at me and says "dada dada dada." I say "Where's Daddy," and she starts looking for Daddy saying "dada dada dada." I say "Where's Mama," and she just stares at me. Boo.

But it was cute when I was folding laundry and she picked up daddy's tee shirts and said "dada dada dada."

2 comments:

  1. My, she's a little hard on that baby! What a little doll you have there. She's got more words every day. I'm SO glad you put the videos up -- it almost makes up for being so far away. I love the way she walks and smacks her feet on the floor -- it cracks me up!
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Baby doll and all! Do all kids just love to play house or play "parents"? It's just so cute watching them. Does she say mommy shirt or daddy's shirt when folding laundry with you? If not, she will! And she will mess up that pile of folded clothes too!

    ReplyDelete