Thursday, September 3, 2009

So. Toddlers aren't always so cooperative, huh?

Back in July, my dear friend, Krissa, gave Lily an adorable little blue and white dress with a matching bonnet. It happened to look similar to set that I had when I was about a year old. My mom and dad put me in my little blue and white dress with matching bonnet, sat me in the family rocking chair, and took some pictures. That same rocking chair now graces my living room, and I thought a similar picture would be fun.

So here we go. This is the original; this is the look we're trying to recreate. Yes, that's me. Wasn't I just so cute. Love the crooked bangs.



It started out pretty well. Lily's not a fan of hats, so I thought we'd warm up with a few pictures without the hat first.


My first strategy was to forget trying to tie it and just quickly put it on her head and snap a picture. This might've worked with our superfast camera, but I definitely would've needed a helper to put the hat on because it came off in less than 2 seconds.


I tried again and she threw the hat on the floor.


So fine. My next strategy was to put the hat on and tie it.


That did not go well.


We took a break. I was close to giving up. Then I had a new idea. I tied the bonnet on without putting the hat on her head. That's a little better. But I need a smile, too.


As she sat in the chair, I had to come running from another room with the camera just to get a smile.

But I got my picture. She may be a strong-willed toddler, but she's no match for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! By far my favorite picture story!!! However, I think we should cut Lily some crooked bangs (come on, they'll grow back) and go back for round two!! ;-) Love yous!

    ReplyDelete