Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sophie la Girafe...and other weird obsessions


I knew I would cave and get a Sophie. All the other mamas were raving about what a wonderful toy she is, how much their kid loves to chew on her, Sophie, Sophie, Sophie. How could Lily not have a Sophie if she was so damn great?

Sophie is not just a regular teething toy. She's a fancy French teething toy. "She's made of 100% natural rubber and food paint." "She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip." "She is very soft to touch, just like baby’s mummy, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses." "The singular scent of natural rubber from Hevea tree makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys." And of course, Phthalates and BPA free. So when she was on sale at Amazon, I got a Sophie for Lily. And she's a hit. Lily loves chewing on Sophie's feet.

I wish it stopped there, but it doesn't. Baby Legs. I love me some Baby Legs. No, don't it take it literally. I said "Baby Legs," not "baby legs." Capitalized for the brand name. They're basically leg warmers but they go great with a onesie, they're super cute, and they make diaper changes a breeze. Day care loves 'em, too.

Then I discovered Etsy. Have you discovered Etsy yet? It's basically a market for all things handmade. Hair clips, bibs, pacifier clips, baby shoes, whatever. These things, have subsequently become new obsessions. Looking for cute hair clips? Or how about these baby shoes? Those are crazy adorable. And of course, Etsy has its own version of Baby Legs.

Don't worry, Dad. I haven't spent nearly as much money as you think and I want. My cash flow just ain't what it used to be, but that doesn't stop the wandering eye.

2 comments:

  1. I just took a look at Lily's 6 month professional shots...Wow-what a great session! Loved the one of her sitting up in the pretty red dress..and all of the ones of the 3 of you together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Can't wait to see you 3 in July!

    ReplyDelete