Sunday, February 1, 2009

Story time



Lily loves books. Daddy reads her 2 or 3 stories every night at bedtime. She seems to listen along and she stares at the pictures. Our selection recently got a lot smaller, though, because we can only read board books for awhile. She loves to grab and crinkle the pages. (Well, we can still read books with pages, it's just more of an adventure.) I like to read to her in the car and sometimes when we get home from work/day care. They have story time at day care, too. This is from a fairly recent day care report:

"I also liked sitting and reading stories with my teachers. I reached out to feel the pages of the book and looked on intently as my teacher pointed at the different animals."

I hope her early interest in books grows into the same love that I had for reading. Interestingly enough Lily's newfound love for books coincides with rediscovered love on my part. I had all but given up reading for enjoyment in college when I had to read for classes all the time, which then turned into reading engineering gobbledy gook all day for work, and I forgot how much I loved to read just for fun. Theoretically, having a baby would rob me of the time to read, but because I have to pump several times a day to keep breastfeeding, I get to crack open a book and read every now and again. I've finished more books in the last three months than in the last three years. And I thought pumping would be a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment