I mean, all the signs were there.
Constant hand-chewing? Check.
Excess drool? Check.
Tugging at her ear? Check.
Random irritability? Check.
And when I saw that little bump on her upper gum, I thought that confirmed it: She was teething. I mentioned this to Dr. Marasco as a possible reason for her ear tugging. I wanted to make sure that it was because of the teething and not because of an ear infection. Dr. Marasco said that her ears look good and, “She’s not teething.” Huh? But what about that bump on her upper gum? I asked. She told me that was the frenusomething or other.
Constant hand-chewing? Developmental phase of exploring her world with her mouth.
Excess drool? Stomach acid changes as she’s getting older.
Tugging at her ear? Probably a self-soothing technique.
Random irritability? She’s a baby.
Beyond that, she’s doing great. She had an extremely mild case of RSV, which is already much better. She now weighs 16 and a half pounds, and is 26 inches long. She’s in the 92 percent tile for both weight and length. My baby is a big girl.
And I’m glad that we’re going to see that gummy smile for a while longer.
Absolutely love your home studio....and especially your bundle of love in the rocking chair. I was telling a mother a few weeks ago that I think that all parents should have a second to prove that they really can do everything well with all the 'rookie mistakes' left behind-She informed me that round two creates just as many-only new ones. hmmmm... Well, we're looking forward to everything else that a second entails. Glad you'll get to enjoy the gummy smile a bit longer...tis great.xoxo.
ReplyDeleteAwe, what a fat little cutie! Love ALL of her pictures. She's not teething?? But her doctor does make sense. She is growing and exploring. The tugging of the ears? Well you know Connor and Pearl does that too. It's their way to soothe themselves. At least she's not pulling on your hair like Pearl does for comfort.
ReplyDelete