Anyway....
So three years ago we started a tradition for Valentine's Day. We all get dressed up, shove all the furniture out of the way, and turn on the music for some horrible dancing. It's silly and cheesey and has ended badly 2 years out of 3, but I love it anyway.
Lily and Daddy started the party with an exchanging of gifts.
After dinner, it was dancin' time. You might have noticed who crashed our party this year. That's right, little dude, being 3 weeks old doesn't keep you out of the fun. Nor the dress code.
Lily's chose her dress for its twirl-ability.
Oh, I was there, too.
Ben and Jen also crashed our V-Day party. Romantic and barftastic as always.
And for a short time, everything was great. Then Lily had an idea. And when her ideas start, inevitably her instructions don't get followed precisely and it ends badly.
She decided we needed a show to go with our dancing. So up went the red curtain and Lily was the MC. When your name was called, the curtain was dropped, and you had to dance, dammit.
In an effort to put the curtain away, Ben made a new dance -- everybody do the Brendan!
(Ben, if you want me to take that picture down, just say the word. Otherwise, I'm leavin' it.)
The effort failed and things were falling apart rapidly. Lily was melting down, Brendan was hungry, the dance was over. And I learned that if I want to get a good picture of everyone in their Sunday finest, I need to do that before the dancing, not after. At least I got a decent shot of Brendan and Daddy.



Next year will only get better ;)
ReplyDelete