Thursday, May 10, 2012

Saved all her pennies for Belle.

One of the many problems I have with task management and organization in general is the ability (euphemism) to start but not finish a task. If ever there is a post to this blog without words in excess of necessity, it is most surely a victim of this flaw.

So I accidentally posted a few pictures with a title that explained everything without the whole story as I wish to tell it. So what? Right, so what. Well, here I am sleepless in Tampa needing to tell the whole, though obviously obvious, story. Typos and all. (Well, it is coming up on 2 a.m. here.)

Here we go. As you might've guessed, Lily has been saving all her coins in her piggy bank to buy a princess doll -- another in the collection of her most beloved possessions. When the time came that she had enough money, she wanted Belle. And so off to the Disney Store we went with her little purse in hand.
She looked. 
Selection did not disuade her from her intention; she picked Belle.
Even though there was no line, we were scolded for not changing in her coins for dollars ahead of time. Though I generally see the reason for this and will do so next time, I firmly believe that the cashier was a moron. I worked in retail long enough to know the difference, and this girl was a moron.
It just doesn't take that long to figure out how many dimes make a dollar. Sorry. Though props to the manager for backing up his math-impaired employee. (No sarcasm there -- I have much respect for a company that supports its employees, counting flaws and all.)
This photo has no purpose except that my girl is beautiful and I shot this with crappy retail lighting, no natural lighting, and no flash, and that makes me insanely proud of this photo.



Anyway, purchase in hand it was time to head home and add Belle to the princess party. It turns out that Lily required something of an intiation. Belle required a performance before she would join the group. You might've thought the group would require something of her, but who can understand the logic of a 3-year-old?
So, forgive the crappy pictures, and Belle ordered a lineup.
And then each couple had to do a flip. For the most part, they did OK, (as performed by Daddy).
Except Naveen. So let that be a cautionary tale the next time you consider wearing your cape.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I know I am her grandmother, but oh my, she is one beautiful child. good photography too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on that clerk- it may not be the norm, but surely the situation was obvious enough that they should have been accommodating to a little girl pleased to make her purchase

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of Nancy's comments. Lily is SO beautiful! I see a lot of photos of people's kids and grandchildren, and although I daresay I'm biased too, but I think she is the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen! And the photography? If I could shoot like that, I think I'd take it professional (but not photographing children, grads, Santa and kids on his lap!) -- more landscapes and stuff. But if Lily were my daughter, I'd be taking her picture ALL the time! And that moron clerk was a total LOSER too. That was Lily's purchase, and she's a little girl, and the clerk should have been nicer. Hooray, Lily! We'll make a shopper of you yet!

    ReplyDelete