Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kitty and Lily.

It's fair to say it wasn't love at first sight between Kitty and Lily. Well, at least on the part of the cat. She welcomed Lily into our home by puking on our bed.

Then she pretended Lily didn't exist for at least four months. She refused to look at her or acknowledge her in any way.

Around the fourth month, Kitty gave in and decided she wasn't going away. She wouldn't come close enough to Lily to touch her, but she came within a few feet. Progress.


After Lily became mobile, Kitty was of great fascination to her. Kitty still didn't like Lily, but I really believe she enjoyed staying just out of her reach.
I suppose I don't blame her. Lily didn't really understand "gentle."

Kitty's taunting turned to tolerance. Fast forward a coupla years, and Kitty finally loves her. Don't believe me? Watch.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Lily loves Kitty too! Very very sweet videos. Shame Lily can't visit me; I think Kimiko would love her too. Despite her size (and shyness) she's really good with small kids. (Just as long as they don't try to ride her!). Again, very sweet, cute videos. Peace between cat and child!

    ReplyDelete