Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No barking: The first of many from the vacation.

(Yeah, I started to try to update the look of my blog, but I don't know what I'm doing, so I really just made it weird for now and I can't fix it. Andalso a lot of the pictures below are out of focus and/or grainy. Oh well.) 


So my mom has this dog, Princess.
Cute, right? Yeah, she's a good dog, but as you might have guessed by her size, she's a bit yappy.

To shut her up  quiet her down a bit, Nana recently started using the ole "squirt of water in the face" technique. It's rather effective, and, of course, Lily wanted to try it, too. Without knowing what he was about to unleash, Ben decided to play, too, and he barked for Lily. And it was on.
They played "no barking" pretty much every night we were there.
It had variations. Lily sometimes did the barking. 
And there was this version. I'm not even going to try to explain. I have no idea.
At one point, an umbrella was involved. 
Though it was rather useless. 
Except that my little brother does look dashing with a pink umbrella on his shoulder. 
Eventually, they both got pretty wet.  
But neither seemed to mind. 
Luckily for Ben, the water was "special" and Nana only had a limited supply, so when the water was out, the game was over. 


4 comments:

  1. Awww. Ben and Lily look so cute together- what a great set of pictures. Looks like Ben had as much fun as she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and such beautiful pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben is so great with Lily -- is this because he's the youngest? His inner child comes out to play? Or is it a fatherly thing??? I know, he says he doesn't want kids (but I guess we'll see; you just never know!) Wonderful pictures, all of them! (yes, I flee from cameras. It's because I'm the size of a hippo.)

    ReplyDelete