"Wow, she's beautiful. She looks nothing like you.
"She looks JUST like her dad."
"Where is she from?"
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
As the mother of a biracial child, I expected it.
No, she doesn't have my eye color or my hair color. But she has something much, much, much more telling. She has my transparency -- she has my (rather unfortunate) inability to hide my feelings. You can take one look at her and know everything she feels at that moment. (Though maybe this is not so much a trait as it is a learned skill. I never learned it so I wouldn't know.)
Take a look and see for yourself. Yes, I realize that posting 17 photos is more than most people care about, but I also have no comprehension of "less is more" when it comes to photos of my girl.
This one below stops me. Every time I see it. She is so not a baby anymore.
Yes, we are in trouble.
Brandy and Sara know this look.
The black hair I expected; the dimples, I did not.
(She gets the dimples from her dad, too.)








oh, the Brandy/ Sara look is pure Kate- I know that look well too- No, not a baby anymore- and what a range of emotions she has!
ReplyDelete