Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

You know the difference between Easter today and when I was a kid?

Easter baskets. These things are more than just jellybeans, crappy chocolate, and peeps now. Kids get actual presents for Easter. Yeah, sure, there's no rule forcing me to buy into this unfair bull. But, I'm a sucker for any opportunity to spoil my Lily. I'm soft, but at least I admit it.

I mean it's just a couple small presents, right? Well, this year at least. The EB brought Lily a small (reasonably-sized) Big Bird, a puzzle toy, a couple of books, and a couple of Sesame Street videos.


And some peeps. Lily was like what ARE these things?
Then she started the egg hunt.

Daddy helped with the tough ones.

She piled all her loot onto the sofa.
Kitty wanted to play, too.
And then she indulged in a bit of her loot.
After the egg hunt, we were off to Fort Desoto for multi-family picnic. Khan's sisters and their families were there, too. But...it turns out we weren't the only ones who had that idea.
Lily went back to the water for the first time in months. She thought the beach was pretty cool.
But she was not interested in playing in the water. At all.
See, this is why I need photoshop. Isn't this picture of Lia just gorgeous? I love it. Except for the, um, background. Actually, I'm not even sure Photoshop could fix this.
I do love this picture of Joy and Pearl. I call it a lucky shot.
While I practiced trying to shoot pictures in bright sunlight, Lily practiced standing on her daddy. Funny baby.
After the picnic, we went back to Khan's parents' house for awhile, and we had one last egg hunt. We weren't prepared with baskets, so we had to improvise a bit.
Look behind you, Lils!
See...improvising. It worked out.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Did the EB also leave that giant purple bunny? That photoshop pic cracks me up! I think you need to give me a tutorial on photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Katie!!!
    OK, re-cap--those breakdowns, crazy outtings, yeah--um, been having way to many of them over here. good thing they're so cute and worth it;)
    Next, EB--sorry hun to break the news, but he always brought me presents:)
    Anywho, loved the egg hunt pictures...please remind me of that for us for next year!!!Seriously, pretty please.
    OK, back to your cumpleaƱos feliz....Love you!
    p.s. random--my mom found the wedding/Spain video Khan made (FINALLY!!!!WHOOHOOO) and sent it to us--ahhhhhhh, LOVE IT! Your hubby rocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful egg hunt pictures -- both places! And what a great shot of Joy and Pearl. I think Lily is cuter, of course, but I could be biased. The "um,background" reminded me of some of those Wal-Mart people photos you keep sending me links to! LOL! Ah, must be nice to have beaches... (I know, I know, I don't HAVE to live here...) Happy Birthday again, and look for a package soon! They said two days (Priority) but I don't believe them; maybe Monday? Looks like you all had a great Easter! Gotta love chocolate bunnies (when they're Dove, anyway...)
    Love,
    Lori (who never got "presents" from the EB except one year when I got a stuffed rabbit, whom I creatively named "Easter." Hey, I wasn't much older than Lily is now!)

    ReplyDelete